Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number
TAN or Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number is a 10 digit alpha numeric number required to be obtained by all persons who are responsible for deducting or collecting tax. Under Section 203A of the Income Tax Act, 1961, it is mandatory to quote Tax Deduction Account Number (TAN) allotted by the Income Tax Department (ITD) on all TDS returns.
TYPES OF TAN APPLICATIONS
1. Application for Issuance of New TAN-Form 49B
This application form should be used when the deductor has never applied for a TAN or does not have a TAN.
2. Application for Change or Correction in TAN data for TAN Allotted
This application form should be used by the deductors in case they want a Change or Correction in data associated with their TAN.
DOCUMENTS REQUIREDFOR NEW APPLICATION
No documents are required to be submitted along with the application for allotment of TAN. However, Copy of PAN card is required to verify the PAN.
FOR CHANGE AND CORRECTION IN TAN DATA
1. Proof of TAN (existing TAN i.e. the one currently in use)
2. Proof of TAN(s) to be surrendered/cancelled, if any.
3. Applicant may submit the TAN allotment letter received from ITD as proof of TAN. In case the applicant does not have TAN allotment letter, he can submit a printout of his TAN details using TAN search facility provided at www.incometaxindia.gov.in or www.tin-nsdl.com
4. Relevant documentary proof to support request for correction/change in TAN
5. In case the applicant's address changes to a different city and the new address falls under different RCC (Regional Computer Center of Income Tax Department) then applicant needs to apply for a new TAN in Form no. 49B.
6. The address of applicant should be an Indian address only.
For any query/complain/feedback, you can contact to NDSL by following ways:
1. Write to NSDL:
National Security Depository Limited (NSDL),3rd Floor, Sapphire Chambers, Near Baner Telephone Exchange, Baner, Pune-411045
2. Email to [email protected]
3. Call on 020-2721 8080
4. Send Fax on 020-2721 8081